With the next lot of holidays fast approaching its worth remembering a few key security tips to help keep your home and family safe during this holiday season:
- Don’t leave a key under the mat! Leave a spare with a friend or neighbour.
- When you’re away on holiday ask a friend or trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property or arrange for your mail to be stopped.
- Remove ladders, garbage bins or debris from around your home – not only can it be unsafe, these things can also aid intruders trying to enter your home
- Ensure all windows and doors have key locks that work. Have external motion sensor lighting installed – it is safer for you when coming home in darkness and alerts you to anyone approaching your home.
- Have internal lights set on a timer so they come on in the evening before you are home or when you are away for an extended period.
- Don’t advertise that you are going away- think about what you post on social media sites- updating your status with holiday notices can be an open invite for thieves to pay a visit.
- Ensure you see the credentials of any tradespeople you are allowing entry to your home.
- If you have a home security system installed make sure it is installed by a licenced security professional who is a member of ASIAL.
- Get your security alarm system monitored by a back to base monitoring centre certified in accordance with the Australian Standard by ASIAL
So for your security needs, contact Red Flag Systems for your Melbourne security systems requirements to Mornington Peninsula home or business security on 1300 685 504.